With the popularity of Vikings and The Last Kingdom it’s no surprise that the next installment of Assassin’s Creed is set during the Viking Age.
In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla you play Eivor (as either a male or female) in the late 9th century as he leads a group of Vikings to find glory and riches in medieval England.
Build your settlement and your army as conflict with Wessex, Mercia and Northumbria threaten your band of vikings. Along the way you will meet and clash with Alfred the Great.
“The settlement is a key feature of the game. It’s quite grand in what we’re trying to achieve with it. We want you to feel that this is your home, that you’re building, that a lot of what you’re doing in the game world is, at the end of the day, going to feed into the settlement so that it can grow, it can flourish. We have a ton of buildings that people can build. Each building comes with its own gameplay purpose,” Ismail said.Valhalla game director Ashraf Ismail
I’ve never played an Assassin’s Creed game but this version may change that! With stunning 4k graphics and an immense open world Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is sure to make any medievalist pick up a battle axe and lead an invasion.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Trailer
Write Your Viking Saga
The advanced RPG mechanics of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla give you new ways to grow as a warrior and a leader. Influence the world around you while acquiring new skills and gear to suit your playstyle. Blaze your own path across England by fighting brutal battles and leading fiery raids, or form strategic alliances and triumph by your wits.
Unleash the ruthless fighting style of a Viking warrior and dual-wield axes, swords, or even shields against fierce, relentless foes. Choose your tactics and dismember opponents in close-quarters combat, riddle them with arrows, or assassinate them with your hidden blade.
Lead Epic Raids
Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.
Become Eivor, a legendary Viking raider on a quest for glory. Explore England’s Dark Ages as you raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power.
- Raven companion, has new abilities
- Lead epic Viking raids against Saxon fortresses throughout England.
- Dual-wield powerful weapons and relive the visceral fighting style of the Vikings.
- Longships are for travel and exploration, not naval combat
- Massive settlement system where you build up clans and villages, Sim-City style
- Three cities to explore: London (England), Winchester (England), Jorvik (Norway)
- Shape the growth of your character with every choice you make and carve your path to glory.
- Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of enemies ever found in Assassin’s Creed.
- Supernatural Norse mythology plays a big part
- Explore a Dark Age open world, from the harsh shores of Norway to the beautiful kingdoms of England.
- Hunting, fishing, recreational drinking games are included\
There are six!…yes, six differnet version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla you can order. If I was a hard core game collector I would pick up the Collector’s Edition. If only for the sculpture of Eivor!
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is scheduled for release on all major platforms during the Holiday Season 2020.
Pre-Order your copy on the UbiSoft website or wherever you buy games.